By a furious sky
I sink into my rage
Buffeted by gusts
Betrayed to the deepest core
I lean in and scream
Because all the ferocity
Of this earthly storm
Seems too little
To release the anguish
Caused by the betrayal
Which will outlive
The failing wind
Of a dying storm
I will never know love
British Columbia, Canada, 2015
Each week I provide a photograph of mine along with a single word. The challenge? Use the pic and/or word as points of inspiration to create something — a photograph, a painting, prose, poetry, fiction, non-fiction, longread or just a few words. You are welcome to use these two elements (photograph and word) literally, thematically or metaphorically. If you create both images and words, all the better.
- Use any title you like.
- Your response can be words and/or an image
- The words should be your own
- You may use my image in your post, or any image you have created.
- Place the challenge’s Pic (if you use it for inspiration) and Word prominently in your post
- Mention that you are responding to the Pic and a Word Challenge
- Add a link to this post in your response
To help us find your response, you can also:
- Add a comment on this post to announce your response
- Apply the tag “Pic and a Word Challenge” to your post
Each week, I’ll list the previous week’s responses at the end of the new challenge. I may also share some on my social media: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, etc.
Ummm, Fury… this should be an interesting week!
Five insightful, thought provoking responses this week. Thanks everyone!