Against every prohibition
Bask in the sun
On isolated shores
Until the gloom rolls in
And I see the distant lights
Across the unbridged gap
Understanding at last
Of this small Islet of Me
Amiss in a vast
And lonely sea
Sea to Sky Highway
British Columbia, Canada
The Pic and a Word Challenge is a weekly creativity prompt offered Sunday mornings.
Each week I provide a photograph of mine along with a single word. The challenge? Use the pic and/or word as points of inspiration to create something — a photograph, a painting, prose, poetry, fiction, non-fiction, longread or just a few words. You are welcome to use these two elements (photograph and word) literally, thematically or metaphorically. If you create both images and words, all the better.
- Use any title you like
- Your response can be words and/or an image
- You may use my image in your post, or any image you have created
- Place the challenge’s Pic (if you use it for inspiration) and Word prominently in your post
- Mention that you are responding to the Pic and a Word Challenge
- Add a link to this post in your response
To help us find your response, you can also:
- Add a comment on this post to announce your response
- Apply the tag “Pic and a Word Challenge” to your post
Each week, I’ll list the previous week’s responses at the end of the new challenge. I may also share some on my social media: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, etc.
Five entries braved the snowy winter (and some snow-like fungus 😉 ) this week. Thanks everyone! =)
- Blanketing, by WritersDream9
- Winter, by Dancing Echoes
- Blue Winter, by Serendipitous Weblife
- Winter, by Lady Lee Manila
- Liberation to Come, by flashlight batteries
View all the Pic and a Word Challenges, including the current challenge, on the Pic and a Word Challenge tag page.