But for the lonesome crescent
On the quiet sea
Furl my sails
Start the engine
Turn for home
To which I bring
This peaceful moment
Sailboat and Crescent Moon
Bowen Island from Horseshoe Bay
On the Sea to Sky Highway
British Columbia, Canada, 2017
The Pic and a Word Challenge is a weekly creativity prompt offered Sundays.
Each week I provide a photograph of mine along with a single word. The challenge? Use the pic and/or word as points of inspiration to create something — a photograph, a painting, prose, poetry, fiction, non-fiction, longread or just a few words. You are welcome to use these two elements (photograph and word) literally, thematically or metaphorically. If you create both images and words, all the better.
- Use any title you like
- Your response can be words and/or an image
- You may use my image in your post, or any image you have created
- Place the challenge’s Pic (if you use it for inspiration) and Word prominently in your post
- Mention that you are responding to the Pic and a Word Challenge
- Add a link to this post in your response
To help us find your response — whether on WordPress, Instagram, Flicker, Tumblr, etc. — you can also:
- Add a comment on this post to announce your response
- Apply the tag/hashtag “Pic and a Word Challenge” or “#picandawordchallenge” to your post
The word for last week’s Pic and a Word Challenge #90 was Diminutive, along with this photograph of a sailboat beneath a crescent moon above Howe Sound’s Bowen Island, in British Columbia, Canada.
Four bloggers got really small this week with Diminutive. Thanks everyone! =)
- Are Short Words Better than Long?, by Mellow Curmudgeon
- Diminutive, by Stuff and what if…
- Diminutive, by Dancing Echoes
- Diminutive; Read the fine print, by Serendipitous Web Life
View all the Pic and a Word Challenges, including the current challenge, on the Pic and a Word Challenge tag page.