When I’m taking
A moment here
A moment there
Or add a child
Just running through
What once was full
Which strikes me now
So much like life
Kashi (Old Varanasi)
Uttar Pradesh, India
Taken during travels, 2017
Last week we played Games. This week? Let’s take stock on Emptiness or find something else to inspire your creativity in this photograph of a vibrant but quiet urban alley in Kashi (Old Varanasi), India.
The Pic and a Word Challenge is a weekly creativity prompt offered Sunday mornings.
Each week I provide a photograph of mine along with a single word. The challenge? Use the pic and/or word as points of inspiration to create something — a photograph, a painting, prose, poetry, fiction, non-fiction, longread or just a few words. You are welcome to use these two elements (photograph and word) literally, thematically or metaphorically. If you create both images and words, all the better.
- Use any title you like
- Your response can be words and/or an image
- You may use my image in your post, or any image you have created
- Place the challenge’s Pic (if you use it for inspiration) and Word prominently in your post
- Mention that you are responding to the Pic and a Word Challenge
- Add a link to this post in your response
To help us find your response — whether on WordPress, Instagram, Flicker, Tumblr, etc. — you can also:
- Add a comment on this post to announce your response
- Apply the tag/hashtag “Pic and a Word Challenge” or “#picandawordchallenge to your post
The word for last week’s Pic and a Word Challenge #83 was Games, along with this photograph of young men playing cricket on the Ganges River banks in Varanasi, India.
Two well-played Games this week. Thanks! =)
View all the Pic and a Word Challenges, including the current challenge, on the Pic and a Word Challenge tag page.